Event & Information
Global Health Innovation Policy Program
Events & Information
3rd Crisis Simulation Workshop
GHIPP Crisis Simulation Workshop was held online on March 18 & 19, 2021
Because of COVID-19, we are having online crisis simulation workshop this time. The workshop will be held on March 18 and 19, 9-00am~noon both days (total 6 hours). We only accept those who are able to attend both days. Thank you for your interest and the application is closed.
It is critical to nurture next leaders to deal with crises that can be triggered by geo-political changes, inflectional diseases, or incidents via deliberate actions. Under the Regional Crisis Management & Leadership Program, GHIPP is offering regional crisis simulation workshop for interested parties across government, academia, and industries to experience this rare opportunity. Funding provided by the United States Government. This project is led by Project Director Dr. Hiromi Murakami of GHIPP.
Regional Crisis Management & Leadership Program (Project 2020 – 2022)
- What is Crisis Simulation? It is an active learning exercise, where participants will take part in a simulation of a regional crisis that may affect multiple nations in various ways. Participants play as teams for respective country roles, including Japan, China, the US and others. Each team representing a country will decide on various policies and responses, including how to deal with domestic constituents and international community based on their own national priorities and how to meet the ends by negotiating with other nations in bilateral and/or multilateral settings. The goal of the exercise is to give participants an appreciation for the complex issues of regional crisis in understanding how each nation would behave based on their national priorities, identifying obstacles and challenges through making of domestic emergency measures, and practicing leadership to come up with best agreed solutions.
- Past workshop reports:
- Please see 1st Crisis Simulation Workshop report and testimonial HERE.
- Please see 2nd Crisis Simulation Workshop report and testimonial HERE.
- Please see 3rd Crisis Simulation Workshop report and testimonial HERE.
- Workshop details:
- Workshop Date/time: Thurs. March 18 & Fri. March 19, 2021, both days 09:00 – 12:00 noon JST (Japan time) Wed. March 17 & Thurs. March 18, 2021, both days 20:00-23:00 EST (DC time)
- Language: English
- Venue: Zoom (Details will be notified to the participants)
- Capacity: 25 (only those who can participate both days)
- Areas of Study: Health. International Relations, Regional studies
- Facilitators: Zack Cooper, Ph.D. Hiromi Murakami, Ph.D.
- Application materials: Please include following information and send them to email@example.com★ Your short CV (please include name, occupation, contact info, areas of experience and expertise)★ One paragraph of self-introduction (English)★ Please note that GHIPP only accepts applicants who can participate both days.
- This workshop is open to individuals (graduate student, or people with working experience in various fields) and corporate-sponsored persons.
- Application closed. Notification of acceptance will be sent. After the deadline, applicants will be waitlisted and will inform until vacancy is filled.
- Selection of Applicants: When the number of applications exceeds the number of capacity, selection of participants will be made based on diversity and his/her experience/expertise. Notice of acceptance will be sent. Any inquires, please contact Project Director Dr. Hiromi Murakami (hi-murakami at grips.ac.jp)
- Submitted information are only used for the workshop purposes.
- This project is partially funded by US Department of State
- Empowered by Japan Institute for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship